Wednesday 3 September 2014

Circle Lenses Q&A

 Hello, little buttercups! So I get many, many questions about circle lenses and it gave me the idea to do a Q&A on them here, where I will try to answer (and remember) as many questions as possible, adding on as the days go by! If you have any other questions I've missed out on, go on ahead and ask :) I hope you find it useful. I could type for days so I'll try to get it brief 

 (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ 

1. What are circle lenses and why are they different from normal lenses?

Simply put, circle lenses are bigger than normal lenses. They will be larger than the iris of your natural eye, therefore your eyes appear larger, like a pretty anime character! You can get them in many different colors, including red, purple, pink etc. making them great for cosplay :)

Many people use the natural colored lenses  purely cosmetically (no strength aka plano), to give their eyes a boost in appearance. I guess it's just like another accessory or makeup! You can of course get them in prescription, as many sites will give you the option.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
u can haz eyes like dis? yes u can!

2. Where do you purchase Circle Lenses?

My most trusted sites are, in no particular order:
  1. www.geocolouredlenses.com (I love because free shipping, yaaay!)
  2. www.pinkyparadise.com
  3. www.lensvillage.com 
  4. www.honeycolor.com
  5. www.uniqso.com (probably one of the most popular websites)

3. Are Circle Lenses safe?

Generally, yes. I say generally because it's entirely dependent on yourself and how you treat the lenses.

It's extremely important to take good care of the lenses by making sure your hands are clean, putting them in the right way, removing them from packaging properly and storing them correctly etc. There are many rules you must abide by for your own health /safety. (srs face guis)

Please check out Youtube for care videos, as there are many helpful ones.

Points to take note on:
  • I've found drinking lots of water makes them a little more bearable to wear. At times when I drank less water, my eyes felt dry and irritated a lot quicker compared to times I drank plenty. 
  • If you still find the lenses uncomfortable, try using some hydrating eye drops about 15 minutes before inserting the lenses.
  • Put your lenses in before applying makeup. Makeup can easily attach to the lenses and get in your eye, not nice! Dx
  • Ensure you're putting your lenses in the right way round! (See pictures below)
  • Never use water to clean or store your lenses in. The chemicals in our water are actually really bad for lenses!

I have also heard the odd story about people getting defective lenses from sellers, with the possibility of being fake. Please, if you feel extreme discomfort or pain do not wear the lenses. They might take a little getting used when you first place them on your eye but they shouldn't be painful. If you wear defective lenses they can seriously damage your eyes, so be careful! Buy from trusted sellers! (doubly srs face guis)

                                              Making sure your lense is the right way round:
The right way will be more rounded, where if it is inside out there will a slight difference in shape, you have to look carefully!

image

Kawaii graphics

4. Are Circle Lenses sore / uncomfortable? 

Continuing on a wee bit from the previous question, they can be a little uncomfortable when first placing them in. My eyes watered a lot my first time and sometimes still do, but they stop within a minute. They're never painful and shouldn't be. 

A few times my eye has felt tickly (and i'm running about shouting "my eyeball is tickly, my eyeball is tickly!") but it's usually due to a little bit of fluff or something being on the lenses, because me being silly didn't have the patience to check them properly before putting them in. So, yes, check them before hand! Set one on your finger and look closely for hairs etc.

Oh, one more thing. If you wear them for long periods of time they can become very drying on your eyes and will feel uncomfortable

5. How do you store circle lenses?

Once your lenses arrive, if you're tooting yourself with excitement, be patient! You'll need to take them out of the container they come in, do not keep them in the liquid they're already in. Store them in a lense case filled with solution overnight before putting them in your eyes. Never, ever put the lenses in directly from the vial they come in. Big no no! 

I plan on doing a Blog to elaborate on storing and keeping lenses in the future ^_^

6. What does "water content" mean?

Basically, the less water content lenses have the less drying the will be on your eyes. This is because if there is a lot of water in the lenses the faster evaporation will occur.

Kawaii graphics


Here are some quick bullet points to take note on (Yaaay no more boring paragraphs! For now...):
  • Do NOT sleep with circle lenses in
  • Do not use lenses with tears or holes in them
  • Ensure to give them a good wee clean when you remove them, to get rid of all the gunk from the day!
  • *new point* If you tend to leave your lenses in their cases for long periods of time, make sure to check on them every now and then. The solution can sometimes dry up...tbh, i'm not too sure why... *goes away to research!*

I really hope you found at least one thing informative, please let me know if there's anything else I could add. P.s....I did TRY to be brief...I guess I failed. Haha!

Check me out on instagram (www.instagram.com/simonekellyy), Tumblr or even Ask.fm, send me a message or something. This will literally be me...yes, I'm a rabbit :3




Much love, darlings. Just remember, you're the best!

Simone
xox

image


P.s. I am no way a professional, all of this information is based of my own experiences and plenty of research from Professionals, sellers and others like myself.






Please note: None of the pixel graphics displayed here belong to me. Full credit goes to original creators. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your post Monavelvet!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤🍓🍓🍓🍓❤❤❤🍓🐰🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🐰🍓🐰🐰🍓🐰

    ReplyDelete